Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Robots

When I first started making clay keychains, I made a little robot with a heart on it. I was going to give it away... but I liked it so much, I kept it for myself. Haha. It's hanging on my wallet now, so I can see it all the time. :P I don't have a picture of that one though. But, its okay, I have other pictures to show today. :) What's kind of funny about my robot keychain is that the arm fell off once, so I remade an arm and attached it back to the body. However, because the parts were made at different times, the color that I mixed were slightly different. So... now my robot has a gray body.... but its arm is a different color in the sunlight. Haha.

Anyways. Back to my story about robot-making.

From then on, people would comment on the robot, saying that they thought it was super cute and whatnot. So... I decided to make more! Throughout the days, I've slowly made more and more robots.

This couple robot keychain I made for one of my conversation students before she moved back home to China. She never asked for me to make her anything, but I thought it would be nice for her to take something back home that was unique. I don't know if she actually liked it... but I had fun making it! Haha.

Couple robot keychain. I wonder if she ever gave the other half to her boyfriend...
These next two I kind of made because I wanted to use my random clay colors. Because I generally make bears, I use a lot of brown and tan and stuff... but not really any of the other interesting colors. So, I wanted to use up some of the more random colors... and bam! Blue and purple robots. Haha.

I've actually made another robot similar to this one. Except it was gray, and the tie was orange. I made it for a friend at church.

Purple robot with tie
https://www.etsy.com/listing/104890170/working-robot
For some strange reason, I really like making robots with hearts. I think its the juxtaposition that robots are cold and emotionless, and a heart is... well... the opposite. Haha. XD So I like putting the two together so that it warms up the robot. Hahaha. I dunno. XD

I haven't posted this one up on Etsy yet... I probably should soon. XD
EDIT: Now posted on Etsy!
https://www.etsy.com/listing/105361960/hopeful-robot-with-heart?ref=v1_other_1

Following this robot... my friend asked me to make him something as well. Apparently, he saw the robot I had on my wallet and wanted a keychain. I, of course, said yes. Sometimes... I think I really need to stop making these for free for people, and just have them buy it. Haha. XD But then, I feel really mean about it. I mean, I started making these items for fun and to give away to people, so I like giving them away. But, after I started Etsy... I'm starting to wonder when I should give them out and when I should make people pay me. Hahaha. XD Anyways. This friend told me to surprise him... and so I did. He had this whole backstory about him and robots... so I made him a heartless robot, with a matching robot girlfriend (holding the heart for the heartless robot). Haha. In the future, he can give one of them to his girlfriend. Hahaha. 

I though it was pretty clever of me. :P

I gave the boy sad eyebrows because he's a robot that is sad he doesn't have a heart.
But now... I realize that it kinda looks like the robot is sad because the girl has taken over control. Haha.
Ah... well... I guess it can be taken both ways.

Finally... I made another heartless robot, without a robot girlfriend, because I liked the idea of the robot having "a hole where it's heart should be." Haha. That seems kinda contradictory to what I said at the beginning of the post. Well, this still kinda combines the whole robot and heart/emotion theme. Just... in this case, this robot is looking for a heart because it's missing. Eh, whatever. I give up trying to explain my train of thought.
Sad, heartless robot
https://www.etsy.com/listing/104890012/heartless-robot

Anyways. That's all for my robot collection as of now.

Maybe there will be more in the future. Well, I know there will be more in the future... I just don't know when I'll finish making them. Haha. XD

No comments:

Post a Comment