Friday, July 6, 2012

Phone Call

Today I received a phone call from a Japanese company back in where I'm from (I'm currently living in SD). I don't know how I feel about that. In all honesty, when I went to this interview, I tried hard not to think about this opportunity. Why? Because I had already set in my mind that I wanted to stay here, in SD. Like I mentioned in my previous post. I don't think finding a job is about luck. I think God is guiding my way and leading me.

So, I trusted.

Or maybe I didn't. I think, through my mouth, I said that I trusted Him and that I would follow whatever path He had laid out for me. And now, now that I have the job offer in front of me... I'm starting to regret my words. I think, in my heart... I somehow believed that He would find me a job here in SD and that I wouldn't have to move back home. Not that I don't love home. I love home. I love spending time with my parents. But... I had already decided I wanted to stay in SD for my church and for the people here. So... what is God trying to say to me? Is there something back home that He wants me to go back to? Or does He want me to turn down the job offer and learn to trust Him here, in SD?

I made this for my friend a while back. The body took me forever, but I think it was worth it. ;P

Sometimes, I wish I had courage. Like how a lion is associated with courage, I wish I had that kind of courage and drive in life. I wish I had the courage to trust God fully, and I also wish I had the courage to walk along a path where I was uncertain of the future. But, much like the lion in "Wizard of Oz," I have no courage. I'm timid and afraid of everything in the world. I put up a front like I know what I'm doing and I know God has got my back... but inside I'm afraid.

I'm particularly proud of the mane and how I made it. I didn't want to have to put each hair on one by one, so I took pliers and pinched the clay until I felt that it resembled the mane of a lion.

Well, that's my post for the day. Perhaps in the next few posts you guys will be able to see whether or not I stayed in SD or moved back home. If any of you guys who are reading this are Christian... I would appreciate any prayers. :P Haha. I've only started this blog for a few weeks... and I act as if I have a bunch of followers. Well, I know at least one or two people are reading this, and I appreciate that. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment