Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Fruit Picking

Teehee. Strawberry! Yum. :)

In my memory, summer was always a time for fruit picking. In particular, I remember picking cherries, apricots and peaches. Usually my parents would take my brother and I and a group of friends out fruit picking for the day. We'd always come home with buckets/boxes of fruit, and our stomachs filled with fruit as well. It wasn't until I grew older that I came to the realization that we weren't actually supposed to be eating all the fruit. Haha. XD

A few months ago some friends and I went fruit picking--strawberry picking, to be exact. It was my first time strawberry picking. The sun was out, it was bright and sunny, with just a hint of a breeze. We went early(ish) in the morning, but it wasn't long before families started showing up. There were a lot of parents holding his or her son or daughter's hand while maneuvering through the strawberry patch. So cute. Suddenly I felt really old. Well, at least a little bit too old to be picking strawberries. We had about 10-15 college students running around picking strawberries. Haha. Oh well, at least it was fun.

What's even more fun about picking fruit is going home and eating. (Although, in my honest opinion, eating fruit while you are picking it is quite fun as well. Fun when you're a kid cuz... there's unlimited fruit. Fun when you're older cuz... you feel empowered? Hahaha. I did feel quite sneaky.) We went back to one of our apartments and ate and ate and ate. Haha. XD

Maybe I should go fruit picking again. This time... cherries? :P

No comments:

Post a Comment