Monday, January 28, 2013

Here We Go...!

Hello, World!

Okay, so I don't want to upload eeeevvverrryyything, all at once... so I'm going to take it slow and upload my items maybe one or two at a time.

I had planned on posting this up way, way, way earlier... but time somehow slipped away from me, and I didn't get the chance to post anything up.

ANYWAYS. That's besides the point.

I'll be honest with you. This first one that I'm posting up is probably my least favorite one. Why, you ask? :P Haha. I'll show you what I mean:



A looong while back some friends and I had a glass etching party, and so I got these cute, small jars to etch. (Ahh. I have no pictures of the ones I etched cuz I already gave them out for Christmas and never bothered taking pictures of them. :P Ooops. Haha) But etching will be another post at a later date. :)

In any case, the party was super fun and I got a chance to get to know some really cool girls at my church. :) Since we were all newbies at glass etching, we decided that we wanted to do a second crafts night the following week. I, all glass-etched-out, decided that I wanted to put my clay creations into the jars. Before, I had always made keychains or earrings or necklaces (functional pieces, basically), but I wanted to try something different.


https://www.etsy.com/listing/121896186/mini-be-mine-couple-in-a-glass-jar

This jar is probably the fifth jar that I decorated. Like I said, the other ones I already gave away without documenting. Haha. XD But this was the first jar that was plain (no additional glass etching and no additional decorations on the outside), as well as the first time I attempted to make miniature people.

In my opinion... it turned out quite terrible. :P Haha. Well, it looks okay, but I don't think it looks particularly cute or wonderful. Which... makes me sad. Haha.


Top view cuz... why not? It looks cute from above. XD

Backside 

I wanted to make them cute and chibi, like Anime characters, but the body turned out too bulky and heavy to stand up on its own. I got so frustrated trying to make cute looking people, that I just turned them into one long pole, and added a round head on top. Aaaannnnddd, this is what it looked like:

Before I added hair or baked it... >_<;;
It looked okay, from my perspective. Plus, I was super frustrated that I didn't even really want to finish this one. Mamma Wu took one look at it and said:

"They look creepy."

Annd, well, I couldn't deny that. They looked strange. Mamma Wu then said perhaps I ought to try and add some hair. So, I added the hair, albeit halfheartedly, and baked it in the oven. The result?


Blegh.

SO.

From this little experiment, I learned that I am terrible at making miniature people, and I don't think I'll attempt to do that anymore, unless I get a request to do so. I think its safe to say that I will be sticking to animals from now on because you can make them fat and round and get away with it without offending anyone. :P Plus, they just look cuter as animals.

The next post is another one that I wasn't really satisfied with, but... eh. It was another feeble attempt at trying something new and out of my comfort zone. :P

Stay tuned!!

:)


No comments:

Post a Comment