Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Going Once... Going Twice... Sold!

This is just a short post just to say, I sold stuff!! :D :D

Haha. Not much to post about, but it's something that excites me. :)

These sales actually happened a few weeks ago:

Originally I received a message from someone asking whether or not I could custom make two bears for her. I, of course, happily obliged because well, let's face it, my profits were not shooting through the roof. I was also very excited just to have someone, anyone, interested in my products. My bears were not a total flop after all!

While this exciting exchange took place, an order was placed!! I was so happy I could have screamed and jumped up and down (if that sort of response were in my nature).


This happened over Thanksgiving, which made things slightly hectic. For one thing, I was supposed to be preparing for my Japanese Language Proficiency Test. :( Second of all, this item had not yet been made. And, lastly, I was going home over the weekend, and a little more, so I would need to ship it from home in order to be on time with my shipping policy. But, everything worked out in the end and, according to the USPS tracking number, the package arrived safely and on time. :)

The custom made items were completed at the same time as the robot (pictured above), but it took a lot longer for my customer to actually purchase the item. I got a little bit worried and wondered whether or not I had made the items in vain, but thankfully they were purchased in the end.


So yay! Yay for people actually looking at my Etsy, and for people actually buying stuff. Its definitely a learning process. Purchases are made very rarely and slowly, but I believe it's good training for my patience and, in one sense, trust in God. I know I'm not out to make a living with this website, and so whether or not I make money off of this habit, is all up to God... and I'm learning to be okay with it. I'm learning that its okay not to be super successful in everything in life, because, well, that's just the way life is. God never created life to be smooth sailing and successful all the time. Instead, God wishes for us to be patient and allow Him to bring blessings into our life in His time.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment