Tuesday, June 26, 2012


Hello, World!


This is my first blog post on this site. :) My name is Joy and I recently just graduated from UCSD! Now, with so much time on my hands... how can I make full use of the time I have before I start working? I've always loved arts and crafts, and I've been told that I'm quite decent at making little art creations. So... why not share it a little bit?


My childhood can only be characterized as filled with arts and crafts. My mother, a landscape architect, loved art and encouraged me to explore art--any form, any way. I've drawn, I've painted, I've sculpted, I've carved, I've cut, I've pasted--and yet I've hardly just begun. Last summer my mother asked me to make some figurines out of polymer clay for the children at our local church and, with nothing to do in the summer, I happily obliged. That's what started my polymer clay craze. And I love it. :) Even though it takes time and effort, I've never made something unwillingly or hated what I made. Sure, they each have their imperfections, but hey--that's who I am. An imperfect being creating imperfect creations... but thanking the Lord that He gave me the talent and capabilities to enjoy such a hobby.


Well, in any case, I've been told a number of times I should do something more than just hide my creations in a closet and so... here it is! My blog of little creations. The little things that bring me joy. 


Enjoy! :)



It's summer! Doesn't it make you just want to go to the beach everyday? Especially since I live in sunny San Diego, when the suns out... it's time to hit those waves!

2 comments:

  1. HI JOY!!!!

    i found your blog!!! hahaha
    i wanted to see if you updated your etsy account yet and then i found that you added another link to your fb account so i had to come and check it out!!
    and i'm SUPER excited about your new blog!! hahah as you can probably tell....hah. but please do keep updating this! i'm gonna visit this quite frequently hahah and i'll probably bug you about it if there aren't any updates =P hahaha and post lots of pictures please!!! heheheh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Thanks Rachel!! :D I will do my best to keep this one up to date! >:) Haha. I really appreciate your support!

      Delete